Classroom Manipulatives System (CMS)
This tool equips you, the classroom teacher, with a powerful set of manipulatives, instructional strategies, and digital tools. These are designed to work alongside your existing math curriculum to visually demonstrate the “why” behind each math concept.
Schools love CMS because it:
- Is flexible enough to work in a variety of educational environments and classroom styles
- Is compatible with existing math curriculums to supplement content and improve learning
- Provides clear video instruction, organized according to educational standards, delivered in an easy-to-use digital license
- Includes a simple, yet powerful, set of manipulatives used consistently across grade levels
- Includes video-based product training and support so teachers can confidently implement new classroom strategies
Using CMS in Your Classroom
A CMS digital license provides access to resources that help you implement lessons in classrooms. Begin by choosing the standard or concept which you are currently working on with students. Videos and instruction materials provide information about the concept and how to demonstrate this concept with the manipulatives. Instruction Manual PDF pages provide references and additional examples for demonstrating concepts.
Presenting the Concept
Demonstrate the concept to your students using the manipulatives. You should work with your students and use the manipulatives and the Build, Write, Say method until students fully understand the concept.
Get a Preview of the CMS Digital License
A preview teacher license will give you access to the lesson videos and instructor PDF. It’s a great way to see how the Classroom Manipulatives System can work for your classroom.
The kids really enjoy it. As teachers, we love it because of the emphasis on problem-solving and applying concepts through word problems with every lesson and the cumulative review. We are sold on the product, so you will continue to get orders from us! – Edith Bailey, Barclay School, SC
Integer Block Kit
Our colorful integer blocks help students make connections between mathematical ideas and demonstrate logical reasoning in a fun and interesting way. Students will benefit from interacting with these simple but versatile tools.
Fraction Overlay Kit
This kit includes colored pieces that coordinate with the integer blocks. The vinyl pieces represent the numerator and clear lined overlays portray the denominator.
Algebra/Decimal Insert Kit
Algebra/decimal inserts are used with the Integer Block Kit to extend student understanding to include concepts such as algebraic expressions and operations involving decimals.
Math-U-See Colored Pencils
This box of colored pencils is designed to align with the colors of the manipulatives to help students transition from using the integer blocks, fraction overlays, and algebra/decimal inserts.
Teacher digital licenses provide all the tools needed to be successful with CMS.
- Video instruction — illustrating proper manipulative use for each concept
- Virtual manipulatives — compatible with interactive whiteboards for classroom demonstration
- Instruction Manual PDF pages — provide reference and additional examples for demonstrating concepts
Contact one of our dedicated School Sales Team
to see how CMS can work for your school.